COVID-19: Our Current Policy
With the ongoing media coverage surrounding the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to take a moment to address your concerns and to share our preventative measures and policies regarding the virus. We want you to know that we are doing everything we can to limit any possible spread of infection at Bodywise Physical Therapy. As always, the health and well-being of all our patients and staff is our number one concern.
Per our usual standards, we are routinely cleaning all of our rooms, treatment tables, doorknobs, phones, pens, and gym equipment with professional health grade disinfectant. We clean treatment tables and instruments and change the linens between each patient, and practice clean needle practices at all times. We wash our hands thoroughly with soap and water between each patient and we have hand sanitizer throughout the clinic.
We are emphasizing to all of our staff and clients the important prevention steps that health officials strongly urge everyone to take:
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children at home when they are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a covered trash container and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If you have any symptoms of illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing) or if you are caring for someone who has these symptoms, please call to cancel your appointment- we ask you still try to give us 24 hours notice.
Other recommendations for healthy habits to optimize immune function: